Children love arts. It keeps them busy and it hones their creativeness. There are various art projects that you can introduce to children of various age levels. A project for 0-3 years is so much different from projects being introduces to children of 4 to 5 years.
Toddlers specifically love the world around them, they love exploring new things. And one of the great things you can do as a new parent is to help them by giving them a chance to express themselves as an individual and learn new things. That is visual arts at its early stage.
Put Together a Craft Basket
Putting together a craft basket for your toddler is simple. You can go online and shop a few craft materials with special Wayfair coupons 20% off order. This way, you don’t need to go through the hassle of pushing and paving your way in malls, bookstores, and art shops in your area.
Toddler Easy Crafts
A craft box could be a simple plastic container with a cover, a woven basket , a cardboard box, or maybe even a wooden box. You can be even more creative by having your child help you decorate the outside of the box.
What to put in the the Toddler Basket
- Finger Paints are the best for toddlers. They love to get messy and they love to make art but they don’t really have the dexterity depending on their age group, to color inside the lines with the use of pens and pencils.
- Crayons and Manila paper. It can keep them entertained for a little while. Let them doodle their way on a large manila paper. Let those lines and figures come to life as they discover colors and have fun with it.
- Feathers. Toddlers love feathers! They like to touch it, blow it to the air, and even glue it on to a piece of paper.
- Cotton balls. These items are a classic. Children love to do a lot of things with cotton balls. They pull it and tear it apart and then use their creativity to glue it in the art paper forming the illusions in their playful mind.
- Pipe Cleaners. These pieces of bendable sticks are great for toddlers to play around with. It is flexible that they are able to make various shapes out of it.
Put as many pieces of art materials in their basket. Once they have it opened expect their brains to be racing with great ideas on what to do with each piece of art stuff they have in the basket. Play with your toddlers for safety. They need your guidance with every discovery they make.